[lit-ideas] Re: MH, with updated linkhttp://www.corriere.it/english/15_febbraio_09/heidegger-jews-self-destructed-47cd3930-b03b-11e4-8615-d0fd07eabd28.shtmling

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Philipse, H. (Herman)" <h.philipse@xxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 09:46:02 +0000

Dear Dr Philipse, no I have not read it. I read Heidegger a long time ago, when
I was young. I published work on the doctrine of categories and t of Erfurt
(the works by MH that constituted his first contribution, one the 'gramatica
speculativa' these are the famed Die Lehre vom Urteil im Psychologismus  & Die
Kategorien und Bedeutunglehre des Duns Scotus [it was shown that Scotus wrote
none of the stuff, but never mind]
Unfortunately MH becoming political picked the easiest way out, namely kowtow
to the powerful, the stupid and the violent ones. You get Sein und Zeit from
there. It is, indeed, a sad story. I heard the stories about the influence on
him by his wife from Gadamer, one of the circle of people of MH's Kreis, but I
truly do not know what to make of it. MH was thoroughly a nazi thinker and
rather large groups of people fall for that kind of pseudo philosophy.
The black Hefte put an end to the philology discussion. On the contents I agree
with you. I find it perplexing that people now, about a century after the facts
are unable to face the situation. Like a group of people of that generation
(Carl Schmitt to pick the famous ones) played a prostitute role to Goebbels and
his goons, getting lavish benefits in return, escaping any sanction, hiding
under layers of junk, and protection from confused people (I have in mind for
the confused H. Arendt, Derrida, Dreyfus, in the more media-role philosophers,
A. Finkelkraut inter alia. You may enjoy listening to the recent seminars
(2015) at the national library of France.

All the best
(p.s. I shamefully admit that my own work is dated 1977, hence I am t.rex in
these debates, I looked at them in the 1970's and my opinions were then formed.
Found weird, perplexing confirmation in the black notebooks, you are correct in
the claim that one ought to expect nothing else from such people) - p.s. this
is forwarded to the list for public, since I got nothing to hide. If pr. Clark
prefers not to let personal information, he is kindly invited to erase it from
the list.

Bestest