[lit-ideas] META: list guidelines useful as a black white-out

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:51:19 -0400

"Karl T" is "trying to think up something really nasty
to say about Bösendorfers in retaliation."

To paraphrase Churchill, Bösendorfers have all the tonal virtues I dislike in pianos and none of the drawbacks I admire.

Poor Krystian Zimerman. Just after 9/11, his Steinway was confiscated by customs officials at JFK airport, who thought the glue smelled funny. They subsequently destroyed the instrument.

Mr. Nasty
_____

Listening to the Fifth Symphony of Ralph Vaughan Williams is like staring at a cow for forty-five minutes.
          -Aaron Copland on Ralph Vaughan Williams