[lit-ideas] Re: META: list guidelines

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 23:14:16 EDT

In a message dated 7/14/2009 10:58:46 P.M.  Eastern Daylight Time,
Jlsperanza writes:
I must admit that I have  twit-filtered JL; gmail now sends every post with
his name in it straight to the  trash

----

You see, Mike (Geary), why I care?

Because he is  minimising me -- terribly.

I mean, "I MUST admit". Surely he doesn't HAVE  to admit. In fact he must
not.
If he could he could write META: proper  header.

---

Ditto, must say for Calley. Because she implies that  because I started
speaking
about Wittgenstein or Heidegger -- "God knows  anymore" I think she adds,
there was no development on the rather parochial  thing that R. Paul thought
worth sharing about Scaglia.

"God knows  anymore". I know perfectly what I sent. And all my posts are
there online for  everybody to see.

-- I expect that these issues are dealt with under  META, because I really
want
to discuss philosophy (for the time  being).

So ad hominems, bad taste, etc -- the guidelines say: write to  the
moderator, don't reply to the list --. But using "META" seems justified
because
you cannot let these insults
continue.

Everybody should be  free to post what she or he likes and expect to
develop a thread.
It's not  easy. I myself find threads some of them boring, why I keep
changing the  header.
But some of you seem to be happy with keeping a thread like for 500
e-mails when the
title no longer 'describes' the content or is utterly  underedescriptive,
"As I was talking...", etc.

----

Consider  Ritchie: he is a gentleman. I once wrote about the Bulwer Lytton
thing -- nobody  commented and I did not care-- I'M NOT IN NEED of feedback
loop, really.
But  weeks later, he did acknowledge the post.

So, you see -- it fulfilled  the goal: it was shared with the list, and he
is polite enough to
acknowledge  the source.

I don't write stupidities or just humour. If you read my  posts (I'm not
ordering) you'll see arguments, quotations, interpretations,  attempts at
referring to other lister's ideas, etc. -- indeed: the ideal poster,  almost --
after God.

---

Cheers,

J. L. Speranza