[lit-ideas] Re: [META]

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 07:00:58 EDT

And I'll add (my second post today -- to waste, almost -- hopefully  not):

it's not about _me_ I write these posts on META.

A poster  has insulted me, twice or more: using the f- word twice. And now
another one  has.

None has apologised. And they should: rude language should not be
volunteered like that on an academic list aimed at discussion of literature and

ideas.

One of the offenders has _not_ contributed to posts provided by  various
list-members; hence my remark that he was _ignoring_ their  contributions.
Surely the files, which are open and public, will show that  _many_ threads
have been developing, many points made, many bits of information  shared --.
It's the good side of things one has to focus. I have personally  tried to
answer some of those threads, to good effect. I have learned from the

Criticism can be good too, if expressed in appropriate 'collegiate'
non-offensive acceptable language.

Thanks,

JLS

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in