[lit-ideas] Re: MAURICE

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:31:35 -0600

Uh oh, I just realized that I sent an email to the list that referenced an off-list message to me. Oh, well, no great harm done, I don't think. Sorry about that, you.

One of the reasons I love this list is that I'm always learning new things and I don't have to 'fess up to my ignorance unless, like now, I choose to. I had no idea there was a novel by E. M Forster titled "Maurice." I knew of "Howard's End" and "Passage to India", but even those I've never read, only screen seen. I chose the name Maurice because it seemed so incongruous with the character, but in light of Forster's "Maurice", maybe it's very apropos. Don't know. God, I'd hate to have to actually read it. Cliff notes, anyone?

Mike Geary
Memphis