[lit-ideas] Re: Love among the cephalods (PG-13)

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 06:09:17 -0230

Re papal candidates: My vote goes to Marc.  He said we could call him that. Marc
would at times take lunch with us philosophy undergrads at the Hingston Hall
cafeteria at Loyola College (a Liberal Arts Jesuit college in Montreal) in the
mid-70s. I remember him as having lovely sparkling eyes, a great sense of
humour, firm beliefs on the views of Augustine and Aquinas, and flowing robes
that even Charleton Heston would drool over. Marc's favourite lunch dish:
french fries with gravy. He and I disagreed vehemently over the place of
religious belief in a liberal democracy. I was a Rawlsian/Habermasian (Kantian
Constructivist) before I read Rawls or Habermas. Marc once instigated a food
fight in the cafeteria that rivalled anything you saw in *Aminal House*. (I
embellish somewhat, but not much.)

Waiting, waiting for the white smoke to appear ... (right)

Walter O

http://www.mun.ca/cc/policies/electronic_communications_disclaimer_2012.php