[lit-ideas] Re: Lost Poems?

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 23:01:45 -0700

I remember late at night writing a poem that began from a memory of how in childhood I read about shepherds climbing up mountains and eating sausage and, oh I don't know, apples or cheese, and how at that age I wondered how something that resembled the British banger, a thing then eaten with beans and chips, could be eaten with cheese or chocolate. The answer, of course, was that it was a different sausage. Maybe this, found in a version of my mail folder, was that poem?

a sausage and a piece of chocolate

what more could a man want

a piece of sausage and a chocolate

is about all that's granted

leave me garibaldi i am beyond unification

go lenin my interest in the finland station wanes

i live i breathe i chew

it is late and

i currently love you both

David Ritchie,