[lit-ideas] Re: Looking for a big screen TV

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:03:47 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
Sent: Jun 2, 2004 9:06 PM
To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Looking for a big screen TV

<<I remember buying our first VCR for $800 in the early 1980's.  I just
bought one for $43.  I don't want to do that again with a TV.  >>

I am perpetually caught in this loop.  I see the newest latest high-tech
device that I really, *really* want and realize in a few months or a year it
will
be much lower in price and I wait and by the time it's affordable there's a
newer better version that I want so much mor that I hold out....  <sigh>.

A.A. We could all use a Buddhist reality check now and again.  Our wants are
never-ending, our needs few.  I suppose my needs are few: I want one big screen
TV.  That's all.  Just one.

Andy