[lit-ideas] Re: Looking for a big screen TV

  • From: JulieReneB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:06:15 EDT

<<I remember buying our first VCR for $800 in the early 1980's.  I just
bought one for $43.  I don't want to do that again with a TV.  >>

I am perpetually caught in this loop.  I see the newest latest high-tech
device that I really, *really* want and realize in a few months or a year it
will
be much lower in price and I wait and by the time it's affordable there's a
newer better version that I want so much mor that I hold out....  <sigh>.  Re.
the PDA and do I really want a camera -- the ideal situation would be a laptop,
a blue tooth or wireless cell, and a high quality digital camera.  I can't
afford that.  I need a device which integrates with my Outlook calendering and
contact  information, accesses the internet, allows me to make phone calls, and
optimally will take pic's.  The Treo 600 seems one of the few devices that
meets all these requirements.  Wireless is too sporadic -- too few places it
will work.  Camera cells don't d/l and u/l contact & calendering info with your
computer.  PDA's don't do internet access well, and don't double as phones.
Perpetually open to suggestions....

Julie Krueger

========Original Message======== Subj:[lit-ideas] Re: Looking for a big
screen TV