[lit-ideas] Re: Long Live the Evolution

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 00:47:38 +0100

M.C. Why, those of us who take Candian citizenship have to swear=20
allegiance too, and to the same august personage.

I should have known. (Bad luck.)

to hop the
next plane and go help her out. My wife swore the same oath, but she
had her fingers crossed behind her back (I kid you not).

MPs here have to do something like that, I read some of them cross their
fingers behind their backs.

he new generation of immigrants are rather different. The ones =
I know= are mainly Latin Americans=A0: they organize Latin American
cultural=20
circles and film clubs, celebrate their National holidays with gusto,=20
get together to cook their national cuisines and speak their languages,=20=
and make damn sure their children grow up speaking *both* Spanish and=20
English, and often French as well.

good. That is how I see Canada, indeed.

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx