[lit-ideas] Re: Londonistan

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 08:44:09 -0800

"There's already a Sharia Law Council for the UK. The Government has already
started making concessions: it has changed the law so that there are
sharia-compliant mortgages and sharia pensions.

So get your prayer mat ready. This weekend, I was in an Arab supermarket in San Jose. There were ads for sharia mortgages. If Americans find out about those, they'll switch to Islam. No interest loans.

I'm not sure what the problem is. You want a clash of civilizations? Or are you disappointed that there's no clash, just a merge? Merge of Civilizations?

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com