[lit-ideas] Re: Loeb is All You Need

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:11:01 -0700

On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:39 AM, Mike Geary wrote:

Thanks, David, that was fun. Especially Elvis's letter to Nixon. Elvis was very definitely a Memphian.

I wondered how Elvis managed to give Nixon "thoughtfully" a "commemorative World War II Cold 45 pistol." Imagine telling security, "Not to worry man, I'm just thinking of myself in rather hallucinatory terms--I want him to make me a special agent and stop the Beatles from forming an alliance with Commies and other anti- Americans-- and I'm bringing the president a nice handgun."

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/nsa/elvis/docs/doc7.pdf

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon