[lit-ideas] Loeb Thy Neighbor

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:40:27 EST

"And then lastly I thought of Samuel P. Huntington’s Clash of  Civilizations.
 He
distinguished between Western and Latin American  Civilizations.   Of course
we’re confronted with an atypical  Argentinian, but  will Argentina and
Britain
fight again over the  Falklands and if they did would that comprise a
Huntington
clash?   I see a future time in which South and North America have
eliminated
their civilizational differences to the extent that any of those  differences
would lead to a Huntington Clash."

                   L. J. Helm.

Well, you'll can do something about it. Donate your Love (Loeb) to

                Public Library
                    c/o. J. L. Speranza
                      St. Michael Hall
                           Calle 58, No. 611
                               La Plata B1900BPY
                                  Province of Buenos Aires,
                                         Argentina.

--- now it's the holiday's season. I'll take care of the book, and see that
I can educate what L. Helm calls a "Latin American" (clashed) into Western
civilisation! The things one has to read!

Educate us!

Cheers,

JL
   Porteño feeling insulted