[lit-ideas] Living Philosophically.

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:17:59 -0500

"Story-telling is the best protection we have against forgetting the
spiritual interior of our lives."  (Barry Lopez)

Philosophically, what do you think of this quote?  Meaningful?  A pledge of
allegiance?  Pure bullshit?  What could possibly give it
credence?  Personally, I agree with the sentiment, though I don't know what
"the spiritual interior of our lives" means.  In an affective kind of way,
it has meaning to me.  But does it hold up to logical analysis?  I've never
been very good at logic, my wants are much stronger than my thoughts.

What think ye?

Mike Geary
Physically if philosophically still in Memphis