[lit-ideas] Re: Literature as a reflection of life

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:50:11 -0400

> [Original Message]
> From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 4/8/2006 3:13:18 AM
> Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Literature as a reflection of life
>

>And I told the
> Brazilian that it was forbidden."

That's how you get a 13 year old to do something.  You tell him it's
forbidden.  Countries do have maturity levels, as this joke points out.

> __________
>
> Was confused when I first heard this joke. What?
> You mean Americans are not crazy gun-toting
> cowboys and rugged individualists? You see us as
> little trembling Wally Cox guys afraid of breaking
> ordinances and needing permission for everything?
> Alas, it is so!

Alas, why don't these overgrown 13 year olds go back to Brazil and live
where life is blissfully without law and hence creative?  It used to be
dangerous stopping at red lights in Rio because you'd get shaken down.  If
it's safer stopping at red lights today (if it is), the fun must be all
ruined according to these people.  Eric, the irony of it.  By your
standards, the terrorists who brought down 9/11 should be heroes.  They
acted alone, above the law, felled a symbol of financial might.  They acted
like Dirty Harry, true American heroic prototypes.  Why are you not
cheering these American Wild West gunslingers with the Muslim names?