[lit-ideas] Re: Lit-Ideas Taking a chance

  • From: Gregory {Greg} Downing <gd2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:59:43 -0500 (EST)

At 02:42 AM 11/7/2004 +0000, Judy Evans wrote:
>Sunday, November 7, 2004, 2:20:03 AM, Gregory {Greg} Downing wrote:
>>>Why not post a philosophical or literary question?
>>>
>>> Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK
>>>mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>

>GGD> The exact same cliche point was already made on Theoria, the 'twin' list
>GGD> which you are also posting on while you post here as well.
>
>1. It is not a "cliche point".

When it is the first thing that comes to two poster's minds within minutes
of one another -- and in fact has been dragged howling from the vault in
every internet discussion about offtopic discussion since Adam sprouted
pubic hair, IT IS A FRIGGING CLICHE. Sorry. End of discussion. Two-word
asssertion doesn't count as demonstration.

>2. I post to Theoria and lit-ideas from different e-mail accounts (because
lit-ideas won't accept this address) and the lists are filtered into
different folders. As there's an unofficial Theoria rule that identical
posts are not sent to these lists, the fact that I read lit-ideas first
isn't a problem -- or wasn't, till you decided to whine about it.

Yawn. I'll type something more when you say something relevant.

>>Since you are not
>>GGD> only reading but posting heavily to both lists, it might be best to
>>keep up GGD> with traffic on both lists before you reply. Oops, that might cut
>>down on your number of postings. Can't have that.
>>
>god you are juvenile.

I'll never be anywhere remotely like as much of a juvenile as you are a
bandwidth hog.

Regards, Greg Downing