[lit-ideas] Re: List moderator

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:18:32 EST

Hello  Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx,
In reference to your  comment:

Besides, *I* am the one in recovery  because of the Messiah Complex. [there's
a special spot in Bars for people  like me...)

I have too many complexes to have only one recovery, so I bounce  around the
bar.  But can I sit by you sometimes?

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: List moderator
Date: 3/5/06 5:44:45 P.M. Central Standard Time  From: _Eternitytime1@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 3/5/2006 5:26:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

He's not  my daddy, Lawrence.

Hm...maybe we need to come up with a better title...

How about "Bouncer"...?  Or maybe--he's the janitorial service and  there had
been a bit too much destruction so he asked us to take the party  outside
while he cleaned up the mess and got it looking good again...(does this  mean
we
have to tip him?)

(Thought about Saviour of Lit-Ideas but thought that was a BIT much  <g>
Besides, *I* am the one in recovery because of the Messiah  Complex. [there's a
special spot in Bars for people like me...)

No, as it is the First Sunday in Lent--a time for reflection, for slowing
down, maybe he was just trying to get some perspective?  Or, inadvertently
('cause I don't know if he even knows this <g>), was he going into some  sort
of
religious state and wanted to somehow have us all share in it with him  (this
one was kind of doubtful, but it IS the First Sunday of Lent...)

Maybe he had been reading The Book of Mark--you know, the Gospel book which
is written of the Life of Jesus--only like in fast-forward motion?  If you
look at the way each descriptive life of Jesus is written--Mark is the one who
uses the words 'immediate' or 'immediately' ALOT.  Sometimes a couple of
times in a passage--and that makes for the movement of the Story to go really
fast.

Perhaps our List was moving SO fast in terms of the excitement generated by
a New Life who came in (so we were told) with lots of energy-and it was
transmuted and transferred into Our List.  Which is a bit like the Book of
Mark,
sometimes, in that we move really fast from a Time of Great Wonder-ie  "This is
my Son in whom I am well pleased" to almost immediately to the
Wilderness...(of which we have many on individual levels as well as, perhaps,
on  a
Collective Level [question?])

And, then back to the Great Hurrah and the Big Party...and all of  that.

But, right now, it's Lent.

A time for Reflection...(not a bad Time no matter if you practice the  season
or not, maybe?)

So, when you need to take that Time to reflect, to think, to ponder--both  of
what has periodically been a Wilderness Time as well as a Time of Joy--

where do you go?

How do you go?

Does someone tell you to go?

Do you feel driven to go?

What do you do if you are in that Wilderness?  What do you do to get
yourself out of it?  Can you be both in a Wilderness Place AND a place of
Wonder all
at the Same Time?

When you leave, do you leave refreshed or do you leave with a sense of
relief?

Are you able, then, to keep from being and feeling harried again in the
World?

Will we--in this World of Lit-Ideas--be able to see the gifts which each of
us (even those in the thick of the brawl) brings to enrich each of our
lives--?  For each of them have...

and, what should each of our Titles be, anyway?

Best,
Marlena in Missouri
very much wanting to slow down the pace