[lit-ideas] Re: Life begins with a handshake

  • From: cblists@xxxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 11:18:34 +0200

On 2-May-12, at 5:30 AM, John Wager wrote:

... remember the old Baptist battle cry: Sex leads to DANCING!!!!

Not if John & Paul had been forced to try to write songs with lyrics like:

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something
I think you'll understand
When I say that something
I wanna hold the end of a stick that you're holding in your hand ...

Chris Bruce,
contemplating the
'anti-rhythm' method,
in Kiel, Germany

Julie Krueger wrote:

The bill just passed. It's not the internet that's isolating people and imposing inhumanity on them. It's the law.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/335198/20120430/gateway-sexual-activity-tennessee-bill-handholding.htm

"Gateway sexual activity"???? My parents dated on a fundamentalist Evangelical campus and were not allowed to hold hands when walking together. They each took an end of the same stick of wood instead. That was 1956.