[lit-ideas] Re: Life begins with a handshake

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 22:37:41 -0500

Because the availability of gloves leads people to feel it is all right to
"hold hands".  And these people don't want other people to think it's all
right to hold hands at all because they don't want to have to take care of
what might result if hands were held without gloves. So they take away
gloves from the people most likely to hold hands so they won't feel all
right about holding hands, even though they'll hold hands anyway.  For some
people, just the existence of gloves upsets them.   I trust that cleared
everything up for you.

The notion that kids in the school can't high-five their friends, give a
friendly hug to a friend having a crappy day or because they're glad to see
them, or shake hands, is below despicable.

Julie Krueger