[lit-ideas] Re: Lee Harvey Oswald & the Liberal Crack-Up

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 12:08:04 -0700

Irene,

You have a serious problem with logic.  Let me illustrate: You argue

a) Eric was a huge proponent of Mylroie's conspiracy theories.

b) Lawrence (all of a sudden - a false statement btw) doesn't like
conspiracies theories,

c) therefore (presumably) Lawrence is being inconsistent.

Rebuttal:  Eric and Lawrence are not the same person.  I don't recall Eric's
comments about Mylroie so I'll let him respond to them.  Nevertheless, I
repeat, I am not Eric and it is not logical of you to insist that I am.

Another problem with your Logic is

a) Mylroie wanted to invade Iraq.

b) You wanted to invade Iraq.

c) Therefore you supported Mylroie's conspiracy theories

This is a logical fallacy.  Although it is clearly a fallacy and I don't
want to detract from its fallaciousness, I will add that I never cited
Mylroe's book as reason for invading Iraq.  I cited the Clinton CIA expert
on the Middle East, Kenneth Pollack (The Threatening Storm, the Case for
Invading Iraq, as well as Sandra Mackey's The Reckoning, Iraq and the Legacy
of Saddam Hussein.

Did you read the article I posted Irene?  How about responding to that?

Lawrence

  _____