[lit-ideas] Re: Lee Harvey Oswald & the Liberal Crack-Up

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 12:06:04 -0400

Omar: First, not all of us here are Americans.

Well nobody's perfect, and there are other perfectly acceptable options like being British or Australian.

Omar: Second, a sincere American might well
perceive that the Iraq adventure has failed already, and wish to bring the troops home to prevent more damage to the American credibility. Personally, though, I would like the US to stay and reap as it has sown.

Eric: Me too. I'd like to see us stay until we finish well over there. For me, that means: (1) kill all (or most) of the foreign insurgents, (2) bring the national insurgents into their political process, (3) arrest and punish US and non-US war profiteers, and (4) help establish a viable alternative to government by the Mullah-thugs next door.