[lit-ideas] Laurie Mylroie

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:04:49 -0700

Eric,

I think you must have discussed Mylroie while I was not on Lit-Ideas.  Irene
keeps confusing us, sort of in the same way you are confusing Andy Amago
with Irene Cassidy - at least I have been assuming confusing.  I assumed
there is but one person.  Irene Cassidy for reasons unclear sometimes likes
to go by "Andy Amago."  That is all quite legal in our modern Liberal
Democracy.   The ACLU might descend upon you if you make too much of this.

However, you Eric, and I Lawrence are definitely two different people.  You
live on the right coast and I live on the left one.

In regard to Laurie Mylroie I don't have any very strong opinions.  Once
upon a time I planned to read one of her books but never got around to it.
I did read an article a few years ago to the effect that there was some
actual evidence implicating an Iraqi as the master-mind of the 1993 bombing
of the World Trade Center, but I haven't seen any verification of that
assertion.  My impression is that she argued something a few years ago that
subsequent events haven't born out.

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to current thinking about Laurie Mylroie,
but more importantly, could you please get Irene off my back.  She keeps
blaming me for something you said and I don't even know what it was.

Lawrence