[lit-ideas] Re: Late life ruminations.

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:08:36 -0700

On Jul 23, 2010, at 8:34 PM, Mike Geary wrote:

for God to take me by the shoulders and shake me awake.
and shout: "Wake up, goddamnit!  Time to milk the cows."
That would make me feel better about myself..

Our friend who grew up in the countryside says that what all girls knew was you needed to stay away from any boy who was likely to inherit a dairy farm. A dairy farm is a prison. God, consequently or possibly just because he's got a touch of a priori about him, might whisper, in the voice of James Mason, "Geary, you have sinned. I sentence you to twenty years of night and morning milking...but you'll get a discount on purgatory...we're running a special."

As for being sad about a dead cat...you hit me on the wrong morning. There was another bloomin' puddle in my office this a.m.

Have you thought about re-naming your business Coolidge? You could pick up a used slogan real cheap.

David Ritchie,
not good enough in
Portland, Oregon