[lit-ideas] Re: Kundera and Mathys

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:43:27 -0500

At 03:12 PM 12/24/2005, you wrote:

I read _Therapy_, I didn't like it much.  (I've read a
better book of his since.) It was some while ago and I
can't remember enough to discuss it.  I read the Roth,
too.  (I do remember that well.) I've avoided the
Wolfe but may get around to it.

Is Melancholy Baby the new one, without Susan
Silverman?

I finished this book last night. Susan Silverman is in it, but only as a peripheral character to detective Sunny Randall and the main case.

I actually braved the Boxing Day sales this morning and spent some of my Chapters' gift certificates on 6 more books. I've just expanded my 'to read' shelf by about half a foot.

right now, and I MEAN RIGHT NOW, I'm reading "Therapy"

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Leamington, ON. Canada