[lit-ideas] Know your state motto

  • From: "Simon Ward" <sedward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:45:53 -0000

Received on another list. Probably old by know but it made me giggle.

KNOW YOUR STATE MOTTO

Alabama: Hell Yes, We Have Electricity
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Alaska: 11,623 Eskimos Can't Be Wrong!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Arizona: But It's A Dry Heat
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Arkansas: Literacy Ain't Everything
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
California: By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Colorado: If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Connecticut: Like Massachusetts, Only The Kennedy's Don't Own It Yet
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Delaware: We Really Do Like The Chemicals In Our Water
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Florida: Ask Us About Our Grandkids
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Georgia: We Put The "Fun" In Fundamentalist Extremism
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Hawaii: Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death To Mainland Scum,
Leave Your
Money)
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Idaho: More Than Just Potatoes ... Well Okay, We're Not, But The Potatoes
Are Real Good
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Illinois: Please Don't Pronounce the "S"
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Indiana: 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Iowa: We Do Amazing Things With Corn
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Kansas: First Of The Rectangle States
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Kentucky: Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Louisiana: We're Not ALL Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism
Campaign
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Maine: We're Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Maryland: If You Can Dream It, We Can Tax It
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Massachusetts: Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden's (For Most Tax Brackets)
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Michigan: First Line Of Defense From The Canadians
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Minnesota: 10,000 Lakes... And 10,000,000,000, 000 Mosquitoes
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Mississippi: Come And Feel Better About Your Own State
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Missouri: Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars At Work
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Montana: Land Of The Big Sky, The Unabomber, Right-wing Crazies, and
Little
Else
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Nebraska: Ask About Our State Motto Contest
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Nevada: Hookers and Poker!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
New Hampshire: Go Away And Leave Us Alone
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
New Jersey: You Want A ##$%##! Motto? I Got Yer ##$%##! Motto Right Here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
New Mexico: Lizards Make Excellent Pets
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
New York: You Have The Right To Remain Silent, You Have The Right To an
Attorney
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
North Carolina: Tobacco Is A Vegetable
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
North Dakota: We Really Are One Of The 50 States!
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Ohio: At Least We're Not Michigan
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Oklahoma: Like The Play, Only No Singing
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Oregon: Spotted Owl... It's What's For Dinner
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Pennsylvania: Cook With Coal
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Rhode Island: We're Not REALLY An Island
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
South Carolina: Remember The Civil War? We Didn't Actually Surrender
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
South Dakota: Closer Than North Dakota
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Tennessee: The Educashun State
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Texas: Si' Hablo Ing'les (Yes, I Speak English)
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Utah: Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Vermont: Yep
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Virginia: Who Says Government Stiffs And Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix?
Washington: Help! We're Overrun By Nerds And Slackers!
Washington, D.C.: Wanna Be Mayor?
West Virginia: One Big Happy Family... Really!
Wisconsin: Come Cut The Cheese
Wyoming: Where Men Are Men ... And The Sheep Are Scared!