[lit-ideas] Kennst Du Das Land Wo Die Zitronen Bluhen?

  • From: jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 21:47:26 -0500

 This just a brief to re-welcome Henninge. I've been missing his posts. He
wrote beautifully about Implicatura.

Grice has an interesting essay on the subject line.

He says that, as uttered by an American G. I. P. to an Italian from Sicily, in
March 6 1943,

it means:

"I am a German officer. I am lost. Can you help?"

---

Cheers,

JL

No-no, that's not what Robert Paul was getting at; that's
off the radar screen in terms of considerationability (sic).

http://webmail.aol.com