[lit-ideas] Re: Kamikaze versus 9/11 Terrorists

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:31:18 -0800

Call it modesty or body shame, they all sound like Hasidim to me.
Fundamentalists of all ilks cover up  women, stripping them only of
personhood. Now that I'm at a certain age, when gravity and time reveal
their antagonistic intents on my physique, the hadj seems like an okay
resolution to my daily fashion dilemma. Burlap looks fabulous in cherry red,
btw.

Carol