[lit-ideas] Re: K a techinical pointRe: Re: Valid-Some Thoughts

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, palma@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:51:19 -0330

No, I wouldn't mind "just explaining" at all. But I must say I am equally as
mildly puzzled as the content and tone of your message conveys.

Could the tone in which a speech act is expressed actually contribute to its
semantic/locutionary content? Is this not a matter of the "music" of the
question? "Would you mind just explaining ..." This speech act should be in a
teacher's guide to the structure and dynamics of questioning. Imagine a teacher
were to say this subsequent to a student's expression of her observations or
criticisms.

Think of the myriad ways in which a student can ask a question. Essential here
is the task of identifying the motive behind the question and the purpose in
asking it. It is only after the teacher has deconstructed the "way" of the
question that a pedagogically effective answer can be designed.)

But I digress, to be sure. I'm not very clear on what it is precisely you are
asking. Could you, perhaps, provide some background to your query which would
help to situate the direction and ensure the relevance of my reply?

Walter O.
MUN

Quoting palma@xxxxxxxx:

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=0&oi=define&q=http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn%3Fs%3Dvalid&usg=AFQjCNG8JbP6yppNRxqupqXtkvVmOpzUSw>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=2&oi=define&q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valid&usg=AFQjCNE4N8cW_r3wrOtnL6DYuOx079Lbrg>

www.titlecorockies.com/dictionary_v.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=3&oi=define&q=http://www.titlecorockies.com/dictionary_v.htm&usg=AFQjCNE8kGs0VeC3KBMHhYpqacOw2dWkrg>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=4&oi=define&q=http://www.intellicast.com/Help/Glossary.aspx&usg=AFQjCNFiQOkTb_xRqJ3dVgJw4FOKlfP1rw>

www.plantpath.cornell.edu/glossary/Defs_V.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=5&oi=define&q=http://www.plantpath.cornell.edu/glossary/Defs_V.htm&usg=AFQjCNHAHPhk5RT_lWFVKpBk57eF1fJ5fw>

apps01.metrokc.gov/www6/ddes/scripts/perminfo.cfm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=6&oi=define&q=http://apps01.metrokc.gov/www6/ddes/scripts/perminfo.cfm%3Frpt%3D2&usg=AFQjCNFAmZyqNC3hkOZT5SuFikbuU-Xy4w>

webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa070102a.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=7&oi=define&q=http://webdesign.about.com/library/weekly/aa070102a.htm&usg=AFQjCNFDBjCV2_z4O6aEgF9q55lrYPPOGA>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=8&oi=define&q=http://www.numbernut.com/glossary/v.shtml&usg=AFQjCNH9HyMzcd4PUzbi_A6Iw13OEBdBkw>

www.nmlites.org/standards/language/glossary.html<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=9&oi=define&q=http://www.nmlites.org/standards/language/glossary.html&usg=AFQjCNE2C2f3Pr2FsYJ3v20egWX4JcU6mQ>

ddi.cs.uni-potsdam.de/Lehre/TuringLectures/MathNotions.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=10&oi=define&q=http://ddi.cs.uni-potsdam.de/Lehre/TuringLectures/MathNotions.htm&usg=AFQjCNHWjiIO7orUx2dwslUXjU4ffXy3rw>

www.usq.edu.au/planstats/Docs/GlossaryTerms.doc<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=11&oi=define&q=http://www.usq.edu.au/planstats/Docs/GlossaryTerms.doc&usg=AFQjCNE_ig2MsQGrSmCWxrjD13-TXyNCLQ>

<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=12&oi=define&q=http://www.tdsf.com/foregloss.htm&usg=AFQjCNHdodCyHbo8gtlBIzms_p2AUauWMg>

www.canequity.com/mortgage-resources/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=13&oi=define&q=http://www.canequity.com/mortgage-resources/%3Fv%2BD&usg=AFQjCNHtaal2MCvsOwdvIyr8Fb9p8xkESA>

www.abdn.ac.uk/philosophy/guide/glossary.shtml<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=14&oi=define&q=http://www.abdn.ac.uk/philosophy/guide/glossary.shtml&usg=AFQjCNF2bAusgvclwAzzKl4qYx-Fwl0Yhg>

www.canlii.org/ca/sta/b-1.01/sec81.html<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=15&oi=define&q=http://www.canlii.org/ca/sta/b-1.01/sec81.html&usg=AFQjCNFhXLUy5ik2dhyz1sAarbvyMtMLfA>

www.barrycomp.com/bhs/guide/key_terms.html<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=16&oi=define&q=http://www.barrycomp.com/bhs/guide/key_terms.html&usg=AFQjCNFgY-9dtvNerRjFj7FJjP_jW8emuQ>

centapoint.com/Support/Glossary_Pages/V_Page.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=17&oi=define&q=http://centapoint.com/Support/Glossary_Pages/V_Page.htm&usg=AFQjCNEq933DTbGYRa25WEQBAcGlAHVLQQ>

www.a1-plating.co.uk/index_files/Page707.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=18&oi=define&q=http://www.a1-plating.co.uk/index_files/Page707.htm&usg=AFQjCNHG5X9QW2b6OqUTLN1NHOpZ_iFpvw>

www.realestatemanitoba.com/glossary.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=19&oi=define&q=http://www.realestatemanitoba.com/glossary.htm&usg=AFQjCNGgmaKOHsawbP7gEFbDgzh8qMjaRg>

www.rodsmith.org.uk/philosophy%20glossary/philosophy%20glossaryU-Z.htm<http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&start=20&oi=define&q=http://www.rodsmith.org.uk/philosophy%2520glossary/philosophy%2520glossaryU-Z.htm&usg=AFQjCNFV6NJ44mKuRK_2sQQpEa3CCBP-uA>