[lit-ideas] Re: Justice Scalia on privacy

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 17:39:15 -0230

Quoting Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx:
snip
> Wittgenstein  attacked Russell with a pike.
snip

Methinks it was Witters with a poker in the library, offering a firm riposte to
a claim made by one Karl Popper. (Apologies: one SIR Karl Popper, though
perchance not at the time.) Russell, also in attendance at the meeting in the
library, is reported to have told W, in a languid tone, "OK, kid, put the poker
down. I'll tell ya when to bring it out again."

Walter O.
"Clue" Champion of Canada