[lit-ideas] Re: Just a cigar?

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:36:48 -0400

At 10:18 AM 10/17/2006, you wrote:

So where is the time warp, other than an opportunity for a gratuitous
nasty?

No... it's just that it was REALLY big news 6 weeks ago and you just brought it up. Don't be so paranoid.

Fake documentaries used to be called fiction way back when I watched entertainment.

I think 'fake' covers the 'fiction' part quite nicely and it is set in the style of an ACTUAL documentary, so my description seems apt. What troubles me more about 'entertainment' is not that fake documentaries exist -- they're quite obvious -- it's that too many people think that regular fiction is real. See "The Da Vinci Code" etc.

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada