[lit-ideas] Re: Juliet Smells A God

  • From: "Walter C. Okshevsky" <wokshevs@xxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 17:13:41 -0230

Quoting Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>:

snip

> Eric: We know there is God as (a) a literary
> character in various scriptures; (b) a product of
> our imaginations; (c) a paradox of reason [If
> Walter hasn't yet entered his castle, he could
> explicate Kant's Critique of Pure Reason to
> describe how theological reason gets mugged by its
> antinomy in a dark alley.]; and (d) a word.

snip

It's not a castle, it's a Fortress. And if Walter weren't in his Fortress
discussing the nature of imperatives, apologies and fundamental norms of
appropriateness, civility, hypothetical imperatives and the nature of
sensibility as embodied by the Impartial Spectator with Adam Smith, Dave Hume
and Liz Anscombe, he would tell you that all present inhabitants of his
Fortress comprehend babkis what The Master was up to in his First Critique.
Dave claims the text is very repetitive, often contradictory and not grounded
in sound empiricist premises. Adam asks "What's with the 'A's and 'B's dude??"
and Liz believes the entire project is based on a terrible mistake.

But this was a counterfactual statement and so it never happened.

Walter O.
Fortress of Solitude
53 Lenin Prospekt
Somewhere in the Arctic Circle