[lit-ideas] Re: "Julia Ritchie Does The Tango"

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 07:45:56 -0800

On Nov 20, 2007, at 6:30 AM, Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx wrote:

Ritchie:

"who had to worry about the fact that much in "Much Ado" is rude.
I think I'll blame society."

But you should tell us how the tango scene came out.
Who his companion was.
And what soundtrack they used.

--- I suppose it's all in a critical review
published by the school or local newspaper?

Ah yes, the tango scene, how best to describe that to those of you who haven't yet ordered the DVD? "Efficient" is the word that comes to mind... upstage, downstage, we're done, with daughter clearly leading. Maybe it was some form of Finnish Tango?

I looked that up on Wikipedia.  There is indeed a Finnish form of tango.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_tango

I'll have to ask about which tune they used.

David Ritchie,
Somewhere between Buenos Aires and Seinajoki