[lit-ideas] Re: Joy and Satisfaction...

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:25:37 -0700

On Aug 19, 2008, at 12:53 AM, David Wright wrote:

Nope.  You're thinking of The Hissing Cockroaches.

crying for Argentina,
d.

Now you've gone and made me type, "Worst band name of all time" into my search engine. Who knew it was such a popular subject among bloggers? Those who read bloggers, I suppose. Test Icicles, Slint, Crunt, Archers of Loaf, Toad the Wet Sprocket, D T chickenholder, Simian Gibbet, Box the Jesuit, Lubricated Goat, The Celibate Rifles [not the Sex Pistols], Aunt Jennifer's Tigers...

The one that seems to come up most often ("seems to" meaning I can't be bothered to count and can't see how counting would help) Seven Mary Three. Odd that this should annoy people so much.

The most amusing take? "The Internet rages today with collections of the world's worst band names, but Australia finds itself most poorly represented. This is an anomaly, as we can surely boast some of the most dreadful band names on the international stage."

http://blogs.theage.com.au/thedailytruth/archives/2006/08/ the_50_worst_au.html

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon