[lit-ideas] Re: Joseph Hansen/ the Kellermans

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:02:50 -0800

on 12/11/04 6:41 AM, Veronica Caley at vcaley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> One of our favorites has been an author called Jonathan Kellerman.

When I worked as a journalist in L.A. I was sent to write about a "meet the
authors" event in the grand ballroom of the Beverly Wiltshire hotel.  We
were all assigned tables.  I found myself having lunch with Louis L'Amour
and Jonathan Kellerman and his very shy wife, Faye.  She had just published
"The Ritual Bath," he, "Blood Test."  Just for fun, I have looked up what I
wrote about the occasion.  Little of interest now except the tidbit that
Faye said she preferred writing to dentistry because the latter gave her
backache.  Good move!

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon