[lit-ideas] Re: Joke

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:09:43 -0400

At 03:59 PM 9/30/2006, you wrote:

This was used, more in story form, in my Jr. High French class to help us remember the first five words in French for one two three. I adored my Fr. teacher -- she had studied at the Sorbonne and was wonderful. Thanks for the flash back. I even remember her name -- Mrs. Krieg. The first day of class her first sentence was "This is the last time English will be used in this room." How many of you remember any of your public school teachers' nams?

I remember every single one of my teacher's names for every class from Kindergarten to grade 13. I heard some people [on the radio] talking about if they remembered their teachers' names from elementary school. I was like "of course, who doesn't?" These were the tyrants of my formidable years. How could you block that out?

impressionable young lad

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx