[lit-ideas] Jibber jabber

  • From: Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 16:43:37 -0500

Whilom was a word I loved ere I met erstwhile.  Erst satisfies an
edgy thirst like none other.  Gnarl and gnaw are lagniappes to the
lumpenproletariat from whom I hail which rhymes with jail, and  hard as a
nail.  This need for crunchy phonemes oft catches me offguard.  I can't say
what it is, why it is, this need that comes upon me to speak words that
wrench.   Once upon a time, I thought ineffable said it all -- such a
marshmallow word --  now I scrounge for scurfy sounds that one can knock
upon like scute, and hear the ring of the real.

Mike Geary