[lit-ideas] Re: J.S. Bach and Unchained Memories

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:12:46 -0400

> The environment is decidedly changing.  Birds in the Great Lakes region are
> doing weird things, like males mating with each other.  It turns out they're
> so disrupted from the pollution that chicks are hatching hermaphroditic,
> among other things.

It's the LGBT bird society gaining a foothold.

> Also, believe it or not, a truly ubiquitous chemical is Teflon.  It's
> everywhere, from car interiors to pots to just everything.  95% of Americans
> have it in their bloodstream.  It may be harmless, or so they say, but it
> may work synergistically with other man-made substances.

Ironically, teflon guards against atherosclerosis since that pesky
plaque just can't adhere.

> Also, the epidemic of ADD and ADHD aside (and personally I think a lot, if
> not most, of that is pharma exploiting kids' fatherlessness), unaffected
> kids aren't stupider in terms of what they can learn, they just don't learn
> all that much.  Today's stripped down 'white' diet  (as in white bread,
> white noodles, etc.) and all the junk food that's causing so much obesity
> isn't helping either.

Funny how one person's epidemic is another's conspiracy theory and
yet, in most other cases, the first person's conspiracy theory is what
the second calls "truth".

  And last but not least, when 40% of DOD's budget is
> blacked out from virtually everybody, except maybe a few senators, an
> informed citizenry is just not anyone's highest priority, and an informed
> citizenry there in fact isn't.

Hey Reeny, I've got a movie you'll love: "Beyond Treason" 2005. Make
sure you watch the 89 minute version. It's the one without Leo
DiCaprio.

entirely non-stick,