[lit-ideas] JL: "I'm just right about M---eery, and M---eery's right about me-e-e-e"

  • From: "Richard Henninge" <RichardHenninge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:03:48 +0200

JL is right about McCreery if he is implying that the latter's request for an
answer to the question of the morality of consuming glazed doughnut
cheeseburgers is tendentiously an affront to JL because it is directed to the
list "ethicists."

JL can perhaps rightfully be assumed to be responding, "Is that one small
rhetorical question for me, one giant quantum-leap question for other listers?"

A trilemma, for sure.

Richard Henninge
University of Mainz