[lit-ideas] Re: J.B.Hype

  • From: Robert Paul <robert.paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:15:56 -0700

Judy Evans wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder about it myself!  The bookies suddenly made
Barnes favourite, perhaps because of a couple of strong recent
reviews (and some slighting reviews of Ishiguro) but there wasn't a
general hype; it just seemed like it. (I'd say.)

Has anyone on the list read Never Let Me Go? It's on my list of the worst books of the past 100 years.

And while I'm at it, has anyone read Sebald's Austerlitz?

Robert Paul,
wondering why Elmore Leonard hasn't yet won the Nobel