[lit-ideas] Re: It's gone quiet

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:52:39 -0700 (PDT)

I doubt that any laws of the universe are broken with this process.  Gas liquid
chromatographs (I'm sure among other instruments) were used for years to
reverse engineer products, find out what they're made of.  I did a quick search
of thermal depolymerization and there are a lot of links.  Here's one from USA
Today, 2004:

  http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/andrewkantor/2004-01-22-kantor_x.htm

  I don't understand why venture capitalists, like Al Gore even (he's with a VC
firm now), aren't pushing this.  Not economic enough I guess.

Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  > thermal depolymerization, or converting finished products back into
> their constituent oil and other parts. Whatever happened to that
> anyway?

The Second Law of Thermodynamics was passed?

Robert Paul

Access, No Cost.