[lit-ideas] Re: It's gone quiet

  • From: Andy <min.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

I don't really watch television either except maybe a little bit on the
weekends, plus the other television is 65 inches, so why this burning desire
for a flat screen to replace the 37" I'll never know.   Since it apparently
takes up the same amount of space there doesn't seem to be much point to
getting one anyway.  I think I'm over it.  Until I walk into a store and see
those beautiful flat panel television screens...

  Back myself to reality, for Eric, if everything is useful to someone seems
the landfills wouldn't be overflowing.  It would be nice if it was, would solve
a lot of problems.  I think a really good industry which was all the rage
around 2003 and got forgotten about is thermal depolymerization, or converting
finished products back into their constituent oil and other parts.  Whatever
happened to that anyway?

Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Nothing to be sorry about. I forgot to mention that she doesn't watch
TV and will shortly be making more money than I ever did.
I'm interested in your story of struggle, though. I broke down and
bought one of those nifty large, flat monitors. It's lovely. Along
with a new computer (I only ever had hand-me-downs before), I can have
so much stuff open it's ludicrous (and probably counter-productive).
Right now, I have 6 Firefox's open (some with twenty tabs), one
PowerPoint, 3 Excel sheets (grades, don't you know...), this Thunderbird
mailbox, and three Word docs.

The only quibble I have with the screen is that all that hulking space
the back of the old monitor used to take is now useless as I still need
the monitor pulled up to the front of the shelf it's on. Annoys me
unreasonably.

Be well,
Ursula

Access, No Cost.