[lit-ideas] It's Waltz Friday!

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 09:58:31 -0800 (PST)

Okay, I couldn't resist.  Thanks to Lawrence for bringing up waltzes.   Let's
begin with a Venetian waltz by, who else, Johann Strauss.  I did wear my steel
toed shoes just in case the mood struck, but I'll sit this one out and watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEdJ6pQXmoU

Not Johann, but really pretty in my opinion.  The politics have changed, but
the music lives on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXAa0XaS6bs

This is a sad one.  Humans never change.  Be warned, it's beautiful, but very
sad.

http://www.videohippy.com/video/70503/The-Band-Played-Waltzing-Matilda--Three-Irish-Tenors

And last but not least, a bit off for the season but one of my favorite waltzes
ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV4BxDcWus8

Andy