[lit-ideas] It's Saturday!

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 04:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

When Irish eyes are smiling
'Tis like a morn in spring
With a lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing…

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

[I couldn't decide between these next two, so I'm using them both.]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGTA4sWTJ_o&feature=related ;
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxjXPMNtp6o&feature=related ;
Down by the Salley Gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the Salley Gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her did not agree.

In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she placed her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jspx0gfGWs&feature=r elated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHLIunqZZoo&feature=related ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B718RsboGEI&feature=related ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKA2tS9qjwo