[lit-ideas] It's Friday!

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 05:54:10 -0800 (PST)

Last week we learned (with apologies to, or curses at, Eric Idle) about
didactic songs.  This week's theme will be the opposite; eat drink and be
merry.  We'll start with the quintessential drinking song, the consequences of
which are sometimes the stuff of opera.  Feel free to sing along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcKdnkGBSgA

Now for something more reality based, and stoic to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrr4nVQq3dc

And hopefully what we eat and drink will help keep us this way.  One is
reminded of an American Bollywood.  See if you can recognize who's at 1:56.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSvQtAnh_CI&feature=related

At this point we might need a break from all this vim and vigor.  Let's take a
break with, oh no!  More vim and vigor!  And more drinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5p9WttVhE

And finally, Verdi-following, sha na na live-for-today baby boomer meets Patti
Page for a reality check.  Nice song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxyL0Z_SQw&feature=related

Andy