[lit-ideas] Re: It's Botox for you, dear bridesmaids - International Herald Tribune

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:10:11 -0700

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Ursula Stange wrote:

Here's a frightening little story....
Where to file this...
the diminishing value of friendship?
selfishness?
superficiality?
idiocy?
too much money, not enough brains?
if you sell it, they will come?

The world is no madder than it ever was; we can but try to enjoy its weirdness while staying sound.

On Alberta Street yesterday evening, supporting an artist friend and we took in bits of what makes Portland weird, lots of this kind of thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik67B2mAl70

Meanwhile in the real Alberta, unreal this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/01/world/americas/01briefs- BUSPASSENGER_BRF.html?em

David Ritchie,
WTF Institute
Portland, Oregon