[lit-ideas] Re: Italy ?

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 20:52:16 -0500

The goldfish in the heels sounds just weird enough that I could see myself
falling for them.  The short shorts and weird stockings hit this Podunk
area last summer.  Leopard spots seem to always be "suddenly in" .... my
kids went through a serious leopard phase which, judging by the stuff at
garage sales, seemed to hit all the kids simultaneously.  Women are still
wearing leopard stuff as though it were cutting edge.  The stiletto heel
with platform pump is ubiquitous, as is the wedge which I've never liked
and particularly hate walking in.  I suppose next year the pendulum will
swing to flats with ice-pick toes.  I've decided that 50 is as good a
license as any to just wear whatever the hell I feel like.  Besides -- I
can always say my sources indicate it's the next big thing.

Julie Krueger
reporting in from Podunk
(if the Japan trend hits here, I'll have an excuse to wear all my hats)