[lit-ideas] Re: It is worth a story ...

  • From: David Ritchie <profdritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:57:38 -0700

On Jun 15, 2012, at 11:34 PM, cblists@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> "It's something that's NOT in the photograph that makes a photographer great."
>
> was made.
>
> Chris Bruce,
> just realizing the vanishing double meaning
> of 'negative' when applied to photography, in
> Kiel, Germany
I am enjoying this thread and regret the fact that I'll be following it only as
I travel.  What strikes me is how much mystery and resonance we find or create
in the notion of the bits that aren't immediately evident.  It seems quite
atavistic.  Here we are in the circle of flickering light, seeing what we know
and understand.  But out there is Dark Matter, and that must have some kind of
role, no?  It must anti-bark during the night.  Maybe the day, too?

David Ritchie,
about to commit his body to the heavens from
Portland, Oregon