[lit-ideas] Re: Israel's Invasion Pretext Under Fire

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:39:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not taking sides in this one. But here's a
> different angle to ponder.
>
> ===============================
>
> By BERNARD HAYKEL
[snip]
> For Al Qaeda, it is a time of panic. The group's Web
> sites are abuzz
> with messages and questions about how to respond to
> Hezbollah's success.
> One sympathizer asks whether, even knowing that the
> Shiites are traitors
> and the accomplices of the infidel Americans in
> Iraq, it is permissible
> to say a prayer for Hezbollah. He is told to curse
> Hezbollah along with
> Islam's other enemies.

Maybe I have an overly morbid sense of humor, but
still I'd like to thank John for giving me something
to smile about on a grim newsday. Really, it is
straight from Life of Brian.

On a more somber note, has it occured to any theorists
of asymmetrical warfare, that asymmetrical war can not
by definition be won and therefore will never end?

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland

http://mail.yahoo.com