[lit-ideas] Re: Israeli-Hezbollah conflict

  • From: loaner <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:33:48 -0700

Lawrence Helm wrote:

*Special Report:

*By George Friedman*

We have been following developments in the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict closely for several days. At this writing, the air-rocket war continues to rage, but the Israeli ground offensive that we would have expected by now has not yet been launched. There is some speculation that it will not be launched -- that a combination of air operations and a diplomatic process will be sufficient, from Israel's point of view, to negate the need for a ground attack.

Israeli ground troops are now in southern Lebanon.

Robert Paul
Reed College