[lit-ideas] Re: Islam vs the Islamists

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:18:59 -0300

Lawrence wrote:

<snipped irrelevant material>

The point of this thread is not how Islamic extremism arose nor that
Islamic extremists have committed atrocities.  The issue is whether
one can find moderate Muslims doing something in response.  I have
pointed to a large, influential Islamic university which explictly
positions itself against Islamic extremism.  I suspect Lawrence isn't
really interested in the question of moderate Islam, preferring
instead to cover all of Islam with brush strokes of extremism.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns